Monday, November 26, 2007

think

I came across this quote today & I love it.

'It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not to fill the minds of students with facts... it is to teach them to think, if that is possible, and always to think for themselves.' --- Robert Hutchins


I know at times I like to brag on my son. It's not as often as I like because he is not always the model student.
I can't stand when parents say things like little Johnny was reading when he was 3 yrs old or He could count to 100 when he was 2 yrs old.
The important thing is for little Johnny to be a positive contributor to this world, when he's all grown up.

A co-worker & I were discussing schools & what children learn. He may move soon because he doesn't want his daughter to go to the assigned public school. This is such a shame all schools should be good.

No comments: