Friday, January 11, 2008

On the mend-very long

Monday night was not my best night. I went to the Dr Monday because I haven't been feeling well. For weeks, I've had chills, swelling & numbness in my legs & hands. My feet had been swelling so bad in the evenings I could hardly walk. My eczema was the worst it's been in my life & I was broke out from head to toe.
Saturday I drug some of the broken branches from the ice storm to the curb. G can't do it, so I tried. Well I woke up Sunday morning w/the eczema on my neck hurting & oozing. My skin hurt so bad. I moved as little as possible.

Monday at the Dr office he wasn't sure what was wrong so he gave me a different prescription ointment for my skin & sent me to the lab for blood test. The took 4 vials of blood.
I went back to work after the Dr appt. After picking Colin & J up from school, he did his homework & we headed for gymnastics. We went home after gymnastics, I put Colin in the tub & went to pick up my prescriptions. I was hungry but decided to eat after I picked up my new medicine. I came home took my bath. I went to the kitchen to eat & make Colin's lunch. I felt very drained tired & lightheaded. I was trying to finish Colin's lunch so I could lay down.
I heard G ask me was I OK & I sd I didn't feel well. I know now he asked me because I fell on the dishwasher. I didn't realize I had blacked out. I went to finish making Colin's lunch. G sd I took 2 steps & went down. The next thing I know is I'm on the floor & they both are standing over me. My back was hurting, I had landed on one of Colin's trucks. G sd Colin broke my fall & he thought I was going to fall on C. He sd C deflected my fall & I went the other way otherwise I was headed for the corner of the counter. I have scars & bruised down my back. My right lover arm was bloody & scrapped. I have a bruise on my right upper arm. My night shirt has two huge rips in the back.

After I ended up on the floor, G asked what was wrong I sd I didn't feel well & maybe I needed to eat. He handed me the food I had prepared. I asked him to call my mom to take me to the hospital. He called her but she didn't come right away.
I ate 2 bites of chicken & 2 mini carrots as I sat on the floor. I didn't feel I could stand up & walk; then I passed out again. I came too & I was slumped over. I passed out 1 more time then I asked him to call my mom again.

I needed to use the bathroom or thought I did. G helped me get up & we walked to the bathroom close to the front door, we were still waiting on mom. I sat on the toilet & my legs started to get really tight & spasms, my toes distored & I couldn't control them. It scared me I thought I was having a stroke. I asked G to remove my house shoe & look at my toes. They were distorted. I sd I think I'm having a stroke or something call 911.
I sd see if mom's outside she was but the firemen were there too. We live really close to EMSA & the fire department is down the street. Mom & the 3 firemen came in they asked me to sit down. They started asking questions & examining me, then EMSA arrived. I still felt lightheaded & wanted to lay down & sleep. I was tired like I had run a marathon.
Two EMSAmen came in w/ a stretcher or gerny (sp). They put me in the ambulance & put on ozygen & started an IV. My breathing got better, it was really hard & deliberate.

G rode in the front of the ambulance but I didn't know until later & I wonder why he or mom didn't ride w/ me. Mom called my sister S to come get Colin. When they took me out of the ambulance mom & G were standing there at the emergency room door. G wasn't feeling well at all so mom had to take him home about 10 pm. They stopped to pick up Colin.

The ER Dr sd my potassium was low & they gave me two potassium pills to take. He sd my potassium was 3.0 & the norm is 3.5-5.0 so mine wasn't low enough to cause all of the passing out. I stayed in the ER listening to all of the noise & etc. until 2 a.m. The hospital was so packed there were no rooms available. At 2 am they moved me to a small room in the ER w/ a door & turned out the light. I slept until 8 am. Dad came to visit at 9 am then G showed up at later.

At 1 p.m. Tuesday they moved me to a cardiac emergency room because they were still no hospital rooms available. There wasn't a chair for G to sit in. Dad was long gone he only stayed about an hour. They served me lunch then at 3 pm I was finally moved to a real room.

I was in the hospital from Monday night to Thursday evening. They ran a lot of test but still have no real answers.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh My Goodness, Terri!!!! What a horrible time you have had!!! I am soooo sorry for you, and I am sending zillions of prayers and get well soon wishes and hugs. I really hope they find out why all that stuff happened. Please rest when you can, and try to take care.

Lots of hugs!!
Katie