Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Parade

I had on 5 layers on the top & 2 on the bottom. My thighs & rear froze. Next year more layers on the bottom. It was around 35º. Warmer than expected. Ha! The hard part this year was we were toward the end so we stood for more than 2 hours before we could start walking. It was really freezing cold, windy & raining.
We did have a little fun waiting. We turned on some music & did the Cuban shuffle. Some other groups ran over the join us or learn the dance. It warmed me up for a minute. That dance is awesome exercise for the thighs.

We have one of the largest parades in the nation which surprises most because we had one of the worst race riots in history in the 1920's.
The parade normally has about 250 groups enter this year it was 400. It has approximately 10,000 viewers. Many were in the cars this year & I don't blame them, it was cold.
I parked at my sister house & walked to the parade it was a little closer than my home.
She was sweet & made me some hot chocolate when the parade was over.
Our group took a photo w/ the major.

No comments: