Thursday, January 31, 2008

I collect thimbles


I started sewing at 12 yrs old.
I love thimbles & antique sewing items. I've collected them for approxamitely 15 yrs. It is one of my favorite gifts to receive a thimble from someone's travels.
I have them from all over the world. One from someone I never met (my room mate's boss).
Years ago I started taping a piece of paper that included the name of the person that gave it to me along w/ the month & yr inside the thimble.
Some day I'm going to reorganize them & take new photos. These are really old photos. Last count I had over 90 thimbles. Of course I bought at least 5 on our vacation in September 2007.

I also collect ornaments from the places we visit. Maybe next yr I'll remember to take a photo of just the travel ornaments.

My dad collects fancy inkpens. He has hundreds. One day I'll take photos.

No comments: