Friday, January 25, 2008

craft stuff organization

I bought this container years ago for sewing items. I've tried to find another one but can't find the same container. So I can't buy any more bobbin ribbon unless I use up some. :)



I tried a few things to organize my bobbin ribbons; I tried cropper hopper ribbon organizers until I realized I would need 10; then I tried the little wooden boxes & drilled holes for the ribbon.





More organizing photos
before ribbon




I crop at home 25% of the time so I needed my ribbons more portable for away from home crops.


I rolled a lot of this during G's hospital stay. Some I did in the
evenings watching TV.

5 comments:

vanessa said...

Terri, looks great! When can you come over and start on mine? This is so you.

Vanessa

Little ol' Me said...

Hey that's a great way to store those little bobbins! That's the only kind of ribbon I buy anymore. I get tired of a pattern before I use up a whole roll, and the loose/by-th-yard variety is a nightmare to store!

Tiffany

scoobydew58 said...

Do you buy them on the spools? I use similar craft boxes, but have a hard time finding spools for all my other ribbons. I would love to be able to buy the empty spools.
PamV

scoobydew58 said...

btw- all your ideas look great!
Pam

tm1 said...

Thanks everyone for your great comments.

Hi Pam, I buy most of the ribbon on the roll. Would you like me to send you the empty rolls. I've tossed so many the last few months. I'll start saving them.
You can email me your address at t.tm1music@gmail.com