Saturday, December 15, 2007

We have power!

Whoo hoo our power was restored last night at 4:30. I was leaving work & hubby called me screaming something; I figured out later it was WE HAVE LIGHTS! I rushed home & cleaned out the fridge & deep freeze. Being without power for so many days is very expensive.

I called my co-worker Doug, he offered to lend us his generator & told him we had power. Doug also came over & looked at the lemon generator we had bought & couldn't get to work. He smelled gas in the oil line; he think some seals were leaking. Thank you Doug PH!

We don't have cable. I'm glad I never switched to the bundle or we would be without phone & internet until who knows when.
We do have a DVR so little precious is watching DVR shows over & over.
We are watching movies on the computer, laptop & portable DVD player.
Hubby is watching his taped shows, he still VCR's shows.
I'm busy doing laundry & cleaning. I had to move all the furniture back.
We had rearranged to put the larges pieces in front of the fireplace.
Our home smells like a huge fireplace; but we have electricity!!

When I turned the corner not to far from our home I stopped & yelled a big Thank you to the guys working. I really wanted to give them a hug but didn't want to distract them from working. Some people are still waiting for power.

We got snow last night & it is cold. The streets aren't too bad.

2 comments:

Jun Bug House said...

PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!
**U**

Anonymous said...

You write very well.