Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 5 of no power

Baby it's cold outside. The generator was a lemon. G & daddy worked on it all day outside in the cold; that was not good for hubby at all. He wanted to get heat for his family. His heart makes my heart smile. A brand new generator & it never worked. HD was out when we returned it. So we still have no heat at our home. We could only have the hotel for 1 night. The price gouging is bad enough but to limit people to one night. Is that legal??
The bright side is there is power across the street from our home; so it's coming it's coming. My parents got power last night so we stayed there. My sister K got power late Wednesday night so last night she took the kids last night. I had the best night sleep in weeks.
Not having to wake up to add wood to the fireplace or make sure little one has covers. He loves to kick the covers off all night long until he gets really cold then he covers up.

I got a call from Marilyn they have power. She invited us over; she's such a sweetie. Thank you Marilyn & Susan (my co-worker) invited us over too.

We did a major happy dance when the power came on at my parents. Colin turned cartwheels. My 99 yr old great aunt never moved or said a word. When I asked her wasn't she happy she sd yeah in a very dull tone. It was funny. I ran outside to thank the workers; I didn't see any but I know someone heard me. I didn't yell too loud because my parents neighbors across the street still don't have power. Kinda of like in my neighborhood & my sister S. We don't have power but they do across the street.

I do want to send a shout out to all of the people working 18 hours days in the freezing cold to restore power. Thank you! 143,300 still without power but they are working hard to restore as much as they can as fast as possible.

I can't understand why the elderly assisted living is not on the priority list; they are still without power too. Hmmmm something not right about that priority list. Peoples economical level should not indicate their value. All people are valuable.

It's supposed to snow tonight. I like snow better than ice. I like sunshine better than snow. :)

No comments: