Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ice storm

THIS ICE STORM STINKS! I'm at work today just to be warm & have light. I left my son & hubby in front of the fireplace they will go to my parents & spend the day. My parents have no power but a home full of people & a roaring fireplace.
None of us have power. I'm tired of this unplanned camping. My hubby is having side affects from the chemo & has to deal with being cold & in the dark. We did venture out for food & spent
a couple of hours in the mall yesterday.
Reading books & doing crafts with a 6 yr old by candle light is only fun for the first hour. Day 3 with no power. I want to whine & complain. Thank goodness we have a fireplace & had just bought 1/2 rick of wood. We are going through the wood pretty fast. Oh I don't want to think about all of the food we lost in the deep freezer.
We rearranged our furniture & are sleeping on the sofas in front of the fireplace. I'm getting very little sleep because the little one sleeps all over the place. If we can't find a hotel room tonight I'm going to drag out a mattress to sleep on.
Heating water up in the fireplace to sponge off was especially fun. Oh yeah I just talked to the power company; our power will not be on until Dec 18. They will teach us not to live in the wealthiest area of town. They lost power last & got it back on first. UGH!!!!! Over 200,000 homes lost their power. At this time 180,000 are still without power.
It could always be worse. A guy that works in our company grille, his home burned down & they lost everything. We do still have water; it's cold but we have water. This is a glimpse of what it was like during the pioneer days.
I've seen lots of children & even a dog at work today.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all that! I hope that your power is restored earlier than expected. Your dh is in my prayers....

kimble said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with all this, especially on top of Chemo for G. The 18th is a week away! Your entire family is in my prayers.

Jun Bug House said...

Prayers here too Terri.
My brother is going through the same thing in OK City.
Be safe!
Nance
(Hi Shelly Bean)

Katie said...

sorry about all that difficulties. Sending good thoughts.

Katie said...

Warm thoughts and prayers coming to you, Terri!!! I hope you find a place to stay and your power is restored quicker.

Thinking of you!!!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I am thankful that we have friends that have power, but it's just not the same as your own home.

Marilyn
>^..^<