Thursday, August 9, 2007

help from mom & dad

My parents are awesome. They came over to help us with the floors. We had problems in the same spot. We finally just moved on. Then we rocked & rolled. It was hard work. DH came in
just as we started to flow & it went much faster. It really takes 4 people to put the row to the previous row.
I was ready for a break & daddy said lets do one more row. Mom sd
yep because I may not come back. So we did 2 more rows.
We worked up to the fireplace. The fireplace corners are rounded so I need to make a template & cut the curves very precise.

After they left I sat down in the shower I was so tired. I could barely walk later
because my muscles hurt. I used muscles that had not been used in a while.
I called mom this morning & told her I was sore & asked if they
were sore she sd no I'm fine.My mom is better shape than I am!!!
So after the floors I'm stepping up my exercise. LOL

I'm still sore this morning. I know the yoga ball is helping because I was able to work a lot with out it hurting. In the past after an hour of all that bending & stooping my back would have been
hurting to bad for me to continue.

Oh the floors are so worth it. I think we have about 6 rows done & it looks great.
I'm glad I decided against the dark wood because the kitchen bar touches
the floors & it matches perfectly. I really need to take some photos.

G is still stick & his energy level is low.
He did say on about the 4th row that if we build again that he wants me
to have the floors put in then. Mom told him it's cheaper to do it the
way we've done it because it won't be figured into the mortgage & paid on
for yrs.

No comments: