Tuesday, August 28, 2007

gymnastics

Some family members have been really dogging me because I will not
let DS play football this year. He's only 5 & I don't think it will hurt to wait a few
years before some boy is trying to tackle my baby.

We have homework 3 nights a week. I try to get him in bed at 8 p.m. Football
3 days a week is just too much for the schedule this year.
Don't forget DH is working so I'm in charge of dinner, homework, packing lunch
& making sure there is a clean uniform for the next school day.


I did take him to gymnastics yesterday just to check it out. It's obvious that he
has natural gymnastic abilities. He loved it & did pretty well for his first time.
I think the instructor was impressed with his handstands & cartwheels.
She commented that he was so strong.
My sister said he will soon do aerials off the sofa. I'm sure he will.
After they have their turn they are supposed to walk around the mats
& get back in line. After the cartwheels he turned cartwheels to his
spot in line the rest of the night.
He's very young for the class; they are supposed to be 7 but hopefully
they will let him stay. If not we will practice at home.


I had a fabulous day at the CKC. I bought lots of goodies. I loved my class by quick quotes & bought a lot at their booth.
I bought so much at CH I had to make 2 trips to the car.
I met Marilyn & friends for lunch. It was a wonderful day. I ran out of steam & money. LOL
Their were less booths this yr & it seems like less people. I know they added a new CKC in Kansas & many of those women
drove to Tulsa. They also had to push it back a few weeks & school has started. They had to push it back because of the PGA
in Tulsa.
I didn't crop that night which was best. I was running on so little sleep I would have made some scary pages.
We had a family dinner Thursday night because my cousin & her family was in town.
It was good to see them; I'm glad they were able to visit.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Terri,
I love the visual of DS doing cartwheels to get back in line!! :-) Hope he enjoys it, and they let him stay!

Katie

kimble said...

Terri - if he can "behave" like a 7 year old then I am sure they will let him stay. Boys do develop their strength at a young age. It would be a great avenue for him to get his energy out - safely! LOL The other advantages - it is only once a week, and it is a good base for anything he wants to do later.