Monday, August 20, 2007

Almost finished

Whoo hoo! We've almost finished the floors. I emptied that huge armoire & took off every door, drawer & shelf that I could remove.
Confession I moved a trunk in front of the entertainment center & moved the TV & accessories myself. I forgot this is how I aggravated my back in the past. I'm so glad I'm getting stronger because that was a dumb move on my part.
I (alone) tried to put the entertainment center on those slider (furniture movers) & damaged one of the ball feet. The armoire tilted & hit the wall nothing major just a little indentation that I fixed.
Oh yeah I painted the wall & ran out of paint so it's very thin in the part that the entertainment center will cover. No 2 coat in that spot.
I hate I don't have left over paint for touch ups. A big no no for a mom of a 5 yr old boy.

I finally used my table saw that I bought months ago. I must admit that saw intimidated me. I read the manual first that repeats over & over about safety or you will loose a finger or thumb. Well it scare the poo out of me. The visions of trying to cut all of those boards lengthwise with the circular saw, like in C's room was enough to overcome my fear. The circular saw would bog down, it just wasn't the
right tool for the job.
Well my new table saw worked like a charm. It was scary; that saw is a bad mama jamma. Just the blade peeks up & turns so fast.
It has enough rpms to not get my fingers too close. It cut so smooth but I had to keep it going straight & it wasn't easy.
I love the results.

DH walked through after we finished the last row & said I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm glad we did it, it really looks good.
This is the same guy who muttered I should have left the carpet. I didn't hear him but my mom did the day my parents came to help.
I knew deep down DH felt like it was a waste of money, time & energy. Now, he feels differently. :)

I love the room with less furniture, most has been moved out to do the floors. I think I will eliminate one chair & donate it. I'm sure it
will find a good home. We really don't need a sofa, love seat & 3 chairs. I'll make a cushion for the fireplace to match the new curtains & it will provide extra seating when needed.

No comments: