Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sweet boy

I remember years ago my friend Erika told me all about little boys. At the time she didn't have a little boy but had babysat for years. She told me when he was small it would be tough & around age 6 or 7 I would get my sweet little boy back.
Well he's back. I won't lie when he was 2 & 3 yrs old it was rough.
Now he constantly surprises me with his sweetness. He's coming along with his kindness & regard for others.

Our family loves ice cream. Colin & I love ice cream sundaes. Last week he asked if he could have some ice cream; I told him yes. He made himself a sundae & surprised me with one he made for me.

Tonight he made popcorn. He brought a bowl to G & a bowl to me. What a sweet boy. He surprises me every day. He's growing up before my very eyes.

He talks about camp every evening. He's excited because tomorrow Thursday they will go skating. Tuesday evening he said "Thank you, Mom for making me go to camp. I really like it."
He also told me that he now has lots of friends & everyone know him. He said they had a new camper this week. I told him to be extra nice to the new camper because he knew what it felt like to be new & not know anyone.

Today when I picked him up from camp he said he wished I would have stayed at work just a little longer. I told him I have to pick him up by a certain time . I asked if it was because of the movie they were watching & he said yes. He wanted to see all of the movie. :) Colin makes me smile.

2 comments:

Jun Bug House said...

So sweet..........
**U**

Jill LaFaye said...

I remember going to church camp..as a child.

Fun times!