Monday, February 25, 2008

Spring Cleaning

It's not Spring yet but I've been Spring Cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen pantry. I took the unopened Splenda to a co-worker w/ diabetes. He uses it. I try to use organic/natural sugar. No fake stuff no bleached stuff. I had all can goods on one shelf but they weren't organized.
It's amazing that I had so much excess of certain items because they were scattered in different places. How many cans of stewed tomatoes does one household need?? LOL I'll use some very soon. I also discovered can pineapple does not store long. I had two cans w/ odd shapes. It looked like they were going to explode. I think one did leak because the shelf liner tore when I picked it up & it was sticky. I have one can that I bought a few months ago so I need to use it soon. Pineapple upside down cake sounds good to me.

I also started spring cleaning my closet. This was so overdue. I clean Colin's closet every 3 or 4 months but not my own. I worked in my closet for almost 4 hours last night. I got up at 4 am to use the bathroom & couldn't go back to sleep so I cleaned it for another hour until 5:15 a.m.
I don't have much more to go. I had a span of 10 different sizes. 2 sizes large & 3 sizes smaller were donated. I'll never get that big or little again. If I do get that small some day, I deserve new clothes. It was like shopping. I found clothes I forgot about. I've separated my tops w/ collar from no collar. I noticed the no collar shirts would get lost between the collar shirts.
I also have them separated by sleeve length & color. I had them set up this way initially but I didn't maintain it. I donated a lot of skirts. I wore skirts all the time in the past but not so much now.

I need to tweak the shelves for shoes. I have more shoes than boots & want to utilize all of my space. So I'm going to add a shelf. I hope to finish up soon or it will never get finished. My goal is to finish up by Monday March 3. After the closet is finished I plan to do my dresser & chest of drawers. They shouldn't be in too bad of shape.

No comments: