Saturday, February 9, 2008

Friday's chemo

I was very hesitant to post about chemo yesterday. It didn't go well. G normally jokes w/ the Dr & nurses that set up the chemo then about 30 min to an hour into the chemo he gets quiet.Yesterday he joked w/ the Dr & we talked to the Dr. I brought up the new side effect; I don't know if G wasn't going to bring it up or if he forgot. The Dr asked about some of the other side effects then deceased one of his chemo meds.When we got to the chemo room G had a frown on his face when he sat in the chair for the chemo. One of the nurses asked why he was frowning. They all love his smile; he didn't say much. If you know G he's always smiling or laughing. I asked him over & over what was wrong & he won't say or would say nothing. It was clear something was wrong. This was my first time leaving him because to run errands. I set him up w/ hid drink & left. I returned w/ about 2 hours to go to finish chemo & he was the same but I noticed he was rubbing his stomach. Their was a guy next to him hacking up a lung (coughing); he would cringe every time the guy coughed.

G got sick he really didn't make it to the bathroom. I had cooked his favorite breakfast & he lost it. We did not have a good morning.
We came straight home & he napped on the couch. I went out w/ mom because I was annoying him. He didn't say I was but I kept asking him questions & he would nod.
I asked was annoying him w/ my questions of how he was feeling & he nodded.
We are so different because I would have sd I feel crappy & please stop asking.
He will sleep most of today. He slept most of yesterday. This stinks but I know their are people worse off.

Mom & I went to buy her new cricut; she's been trying to decide which cutter she wanted. I think she really wanted me to tell her which cutter to get. I gave her all the pros & cons of them. Then I just called her & told her I think the new larger cricut express would be best for her. She will spend more in the long run but it's still a lot less than I or other scrapper that have bought many cutter system have spent.

I think she will be happy with it. It will give us gifts to buy that she will use, cartridges. I hope she gets to play w/ her new toy today.
She will keep Colin so I can go crop. Thank you mom. This will work out well because G will sleep most of today.

Well I need to go pack from my crop & load the car.

2 comments:

kimble said...

I really hope G is feeling better soon Terri. I'm sorry to hear he is having such a hard time.

Jun Bug House said...

Prayers continue Terri.
Grover, we are always thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing healing your way.
Nance