Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday cake

I baked my hubby a birthday cake. It smelled so good. I had them both smell the batter. Colin said mmmmm :). I baked me a gluten free cake so I wouldn't feel left out. It was a gluten free zucchini muffin recipe that I tweaked. I rarely cook from a recipe in it's original form. I can't resist, I have to tweak it. It the creativity in my, I have to make it my own.
The gluten free cake turned out pretty good. I'm craving cookies. I'll bake me some tonight.
I'll be sure to bake enough for Colin. He likes the gluten free treats. I think it's good that he likes them & I don't mind sharing.

Gluten Free Apple spice cake recipe to follow. I'm blogging on my lunch hour & have to get back to work. Boo hoo. I spent most of my lunch hour eating outside. The weather is gorgeous!!

Yesterday I took a vacation day. I baked, cleaned.... I cleaned the bay window & surrounding area. I cleaned & rearranged the master bath. I cleaned some of the stuff off the covered patio.
Not an ideal vacation day but it's less I have to do on the weekend. My spring cleaning may last until summer. :)

1 comment:

Jun Bug House said...

Hey.
What happened to my post from this last week.
I said "Happy B-day to G and asked for the cake recipe.
Oh well, there be goblins around here.
**U**