Monday, January 12, 2009

Feeling good

I feel so much better. Eating better & exercise is the key for me. I'm so proud of myself. I climbed 6 flights of stairs this morning. I wasn't breathing as hard as I was a month ago climbing 3 flights. Yeah I'm getting into shape.
K, mom & I are meeting at mom's house Sunday evenings to weigh. I wasn't going to weigh because my new jeans were a little snug. I was certain I had gained weight & who needs that downer. I decided to weigh & was delighted I had lost almost 4 pounds. I'm sure it will be back next week but I will not be discouraged today.
May goal is to climb 5 more flights this afternoon.

G is a little down because he's gaining weight. With the feet issues he can't be as mobile as he would like. I want to say quit buying pop & ice cream. I quit buying it years ago so he goes to the grocery store & buys his pop, ice cream & cookies. He's an adult & know he should eat better. I've emailed & shared countless literature on the benefit of certain foods for fighting cancer. Years ago when he was more fit & I was not; he didn't harass me so I will not harass him. Please pray for his feet, some days he gets very frustrated. I understand & wish it was more I could do to help him.

2 comments:

Neva Cross said...

Greetings,

(from a woman who's jeans are also a little too tight -- and is just as afraid to weigh in...)

I am starting a scrapbooking Top Site for sites/blogs that offer ethnic and multicultural scrapbooking resources. Lisa Sanford suggested that I contact the Sistahs on her blog list. I have visited your site and would like to invite you to join. If you are interested you can see the site and join here:

http://thepixelframer.com/atsphp/

Thanks,
Neva

Neva Cross
The Pixel Framer/
Cross Design Group LLC
800 E. Northwest Highway, 7th Flr
Palatine, IL 60074
(847) 221-5266
Neva@NevaCross.com

tm1 said...

Sure, I'll contact you.