Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Camper Colin

Yesterday he seemed to like bowling. I asked if he liked camp & wanted to go back & he shrugged his shoulders. I think he's warming up to it.
He brought home a book to practice his reading. I wasn't expecting homework in summer camp, but I did tell the director I wanted him to work on his reading skills this summer.
He read several stories to me. His reading has improved; He missed very few words.
I need to video tape him reading. I'm sure I'll want to look at it when he's grown & gone.

I asked him again later last night if he wanted to go to camp tomorrow. He asked "What is daddy doing, is daddy going to be home?" I said it doesn't matter what daddy is doing he jumps up & starts to go where G is napping. I start behind him & say daddy's napping don't wake him. He doesn't hear me because now he's running & giggling because I'm running
trying to catch him.

I quickly gave G that look. You know the listen up & watch my lips look. I'm going to talk
in code so the child doesn't know look. I said tell Colin that you will be busy tomorrow.
You will be in & out, not just sitting around the house. So Colin asked Daddy will you be
home tomorrow, he shook his head no. I felt bad because Colin was standing on the bed
looking down at him. I was standing on the other side looking down. Colin woke him up &
I was asking questions. He looked like a deer in headlights. I would have been grumpy.

Colin & I have been playing chase a lot lately. He thinks he can outrun me. He will be able too soon. He's very fast.

I just got a call from Colin he's on his way to camp & wants to know what they will do today.
Yeah, I'm happy he's excited to go to camp.

No comments: