Tuesday, October 14, 2008

4 am

It's 4 am & I'm wide awake. Hmmm I could get up & do something productive, I could try to go back to sleep or I could spend some time online. Online wins. I'll look at a few craft blogs & wish I had to time to do more crafts & post them to my blog. I'll visit some sites on health & healing. I do try to do something crafty once a week if not more. It keeps me sane. I love crafting & being creative; it's in my bones. I love so many crafts currently scrapbooking is my all time favorite. My next favorite is designing & sewing. I have a gift of looking at a item & duplicating it without pattern or instructions. I never thought of it as a gift until others told me it was a gift.
I almost always put my own spin on whatever it is, it's very hard for me not to deviate just a little.
Deviating just a little is the reason I didn't do well in chemistry in H.S or college. I always wanted to know what happened if I did this or that. The instructor would give strict instructions but could I do what they asked, no. I wanted to see what would happen. My poor lab partner.
I always purposely partnered myself with someone that did well in chemistry. Occasionally there good judgment would win out, therefore I got a good grade.

I think that is the reason I love being creative, it doesn't hold me in a box. In one area of my life I can do exactly what I want to do. It's my scrapbook page if I want to make it simple, complex, plain or over embellished. Who cares? It's for me & my family. The song I did it my way just popped in my head.

My new eating style has been great, except for yesterday. I ate a chili dog. Oh my, it was a really bad choice. I was miserable for hours. I will not be eating one again anytime soon.
It is difficult to not want cookies we have a never ending supply. My hubby buys a pkg of cookies every day. Some days he buys 2 pkgs. Ummm cookies are not on his high fiber diet. They had oatmeal on the list, he bought oatmeal cookies. Um hon it doesn't work that way. Cookies are not on the high fiber diet at all. If he got on the eating better bandwagon life would be easier. I also wouldn't have to deal with Colin asking if he could have an oatmilk cookie so often. He's 6 yrs old & still pronounces certain words funny.

Colin is a funny little boy. He puts his steel baseball bat in bed every night. Some nights he will bring his swords (shish kabob skewers) to bed. I insist those go under the pillow so no one is injured. When he's sleep I take them out of the bed. I was telling him last week that big boys don't get in bed w/ mommy & daddy. He said I can protect you mommy.

Karen said he started crying Friday night because he wanted to go home he missed mommy & daddy. He told her he wanted to sleep w/ them. She sd we have a queen bed. I said so do we. She said he got in the middle I said it does it at home. I can't remember what age he started climbing in bed with us. I guess he was around 2 or 3. He would wake me up like clock work at 4 a.m. He'd wake me up climbing over me to get in the middle or I'd wake up & he was standing in front of me on my side of the bed wanting me to lift him into the bed. I guess some nights he'd go to G side or climb in without waking me because I'd roll over & there he was.

No comments: