Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California

I'm struggling to have a positive attitude today. I just want to complain.
The truth is I'm scared about what is going on with my DH.
I was driving to work this morning & reached in my purse for lip gloss.
I was not happy that my lip gloss wasn't in my purse. I cleaned it out
Sunday it was too heavy. Lip gloss is one of the items I didn't put back
in my purse. Just as I wanted to get annoyed for not having my lip gloss.
I thought about the people in California that lost everything. They only
have the clothes on their back.

My coworker knows someone that lives in Cali. They were away on a trip.
When the returned to town they were not allowed to go to their home.
Fortunately these people do have some things because they just traveled.

It's amazing how spoiled we become. In this life what is really important.
When we are in a crisis situation we hate our home burned but are glad we are
alive. A home can be replaced a life can not.

I DVR Dr Phil & Oprah daily. Yesterday I watched the Oprah episode with people
having a terminal illness. I watched the Dr Phil show dedicated to Tuesdays w/ Morrie.
I learned sometimes we all get caught up in working too much so we can have a bigger home,
fancier car, bigger stone on our finger....
All of it is stuff. Stuff is not more important than people.

What are you doing with your life? Are you a positive influence to others?
Do you make the world a better place?

We all won't win the Nobel Peace Prize; but anyone & everyone is capable of brightening
someones day.

I'm going to brighten a strangers day today.

No comments: