Monday, May 4, 2009

NSD

I didn't spend national scrapbook day scrapping or anything related. I did spend most of the day Sunday in my scraproom. I rearranged some of my cubes. I labeled drawers, rearranged drawers. I made punches & embossing samples for my board. I have a large framed cork board close to my desk. I'm putting samples of items I want to use more. For example I have an example of my embossing folders & some of my punches. I do have a smaller portable book with these items that I made so I didn't make a double purchase. It is in the car most of the time so I can take a peak or take it into a store. It was fun to be a little creative.

I spent most of Saturday online researching wheat free, soy free recipes & making a shopping list. I have so many allergies; I have to thoroughly find out what is in most items, where they come from, what food family they belong too. Fun stuff. I just wish I was getting better. I'm sure I am, I just don't feel like it. I have to keep hanging in there & going in the right direction.
I'm doing the same thing on my weight loss journey. I do think I'm losing weight because I'm naturally eating less carbs. I skip the bread & gravy always. I haven't found a sandwich place yet that has wf/gf bread. So I'm eating more salads. Hopefully I'm getting healthier. That's the goal anyway.

2 comments:

Jun Bug House said...

Yeah you on all accounts.
That NSD was the way to go so on all the 364 Non-NSD days you are set to go.
Good luck with your search.
I too stay away from Carbs, white carbs all the time. Good carbs sparingly.
I miss crackers and bread, but it is worth the trade off.
The two things that I love that I haven't had any in over a year is chocolate and pizza.
Can you say "dedicated" to a new lifestyle?
Hugs
**U**
Nance

tm1 said...

Wow. How awesome for you being so committed. I need to cut back on the chocoalate.